Red Mazda RX-7 efini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Mazda RX-7 efini

So I bought this last week, unseen. Trusted the seller via a few phone calls whattsapp and a mutual friend, and got it delivered this Saturday. Very nervy buying a 25 year old car without viewing it from a private sale. I've never even sat in an Rx-7 till Saturday.

So it has had a full respray in the latter part of 2020 and it's nice to not have the 25 years of war wounds.
    Wheels refurbished at the same time.
    A credit to the seller, new badges and tyres fitted to finish it off too.

So the next little part to get done is........rebuild the engine. The go to place seems to be Shadow Rotary in Dublin.
    So hopefully this will be a keeper when complete, as it has the 1.3 tax , emission exemption in NCT classic insurance, and will be able to use this throughout the summer, alongside the daily 1 series.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Absolutely class! These are starting to get really thin on the ground. I feel like I’ve missed the boat for owning one with the way prices are gone. One of the best looking cars to have ever come out of Japan. Best of luck with it!
    Poor punctuation and spelling via iPhone keyboard & odd words here and there via autocorrect

Comment

Beautiful purchase, two fast Renault and a Jap rotary, nice garage!
      I’m standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused?? 🤨🤪

Comment

Thanks Smokey. I was keeping an eye out for a while, rare enough nowadays, especially 95%oem.

Comment

Comment

wow, I would have loved to get this, well done. These are rare beasts now and I only see them at the odd cars and coffee meet. It seems buying sight unseen is becoming a thing here in Ireland due to covid, I just done the same thing. This will go up in value but more importantly should be a fun drive.
            My car history:
            1995 Honda Civic, 2002 Honda Civic Vtec-i,1998 FTO GX, 1998 Toyota Chaser, 1995 Toyota Supra, 2001 Toyota MR2, 2007 Nissan Cube, 2003 Nissan Fairlady Z

Comment

Beautiful car. What's the story with emissions exemption?
              Deadly Dave

Comment

I recall seeing this up for sale a while back, it's a beauty well wear!
                Comic Sans, the choice of the professional.

Comment

Congrats Alan. Does the engine need a rebuild or are you just being preventative?

Comment

Sweet, sweet, sweet. I did of course (as well did I'm sure) snort out laughing when I read " a keeper" . But hey, you never know. A man can change!

What kinda costs are you talking for a rebuild?

Comment

Originally posted by Chawkie View Post
                      Congrats Alan. Does the engine need a rebuild or are you just being preventative?
                      Hey Paul.
                      Bought with the side seals gone on it.
                      I'm in no rush to get it sorted.
                      Alan

Comment

That is just perfect. I was looking for an Rx7 a few years ago, but went a different direction in the end... very much regret it with the way prices are going now. I really wanted a red one too with no silly kits on it... I'm very jealous! Well ware with it!

Comment

Very nice! Good luck with it, and hope your rebuild works out.
                          Sent from my Computer using a fcuking keyboard

Comment

Originally posted by JPW View Post
                            Very nice! Good luck with it, and hope your rebuild works out.
                            Shadow rotary seems like the go to place in Ireland. Rotorsport in NI are booked up for the summer.

Comment

Are you planning to keep it original rebuild wise and overall with the car? It's a pretty original looking version.

You probably already know but full new crate engines still available from Mazda. Rebuild be cheaper though I reckon

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X