• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• miller
    replied
    Originally posted by HawkAl View Post
    Saw this on the road this evening, looked great ๐Ÿ‘
    Had a spin to Dublin, great to be out. I even took the old N3 home instead of the motorway. Where abouts was it, had a lad in a black 520d beeping and giving thumbs up. Wasnt you?

Leave a comment:

• fast focus
    replied
    Beautiful. Nice to see an old legend minded like it should be.

Leave a comment:

• HawkAl
    replied
    Saw this on the road this evening, looked great ๐Ÿ‘

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• miller
    replied
    The end of prep and protection is nearly in sight. First show this weekend at Old School New School in Longford. Some great evenings spent over the last week in the garage, getting to detox, tunes on and taking my time to get this right.

Two months since paint approx, so as advised by the painter it was time to get it coated up. My go to is the Soft99 range of wax. The intention is to get a nice deep undercoat with the Fusso wax and on top of that the Soft 99 King of Gloss.

Quick snowfoam down, rinse and dry. Then back into the garage to dry off totally.

Wheels were coated in GTechniq C5 Wheel armour, two coats with a few days in between. Should make life easier living with white wheels.

All black trims and plastic including inside wheel arches coated in BraytR1. Some of the more faded parts were coated a number of times.

Then onto the wax application. Given I had plenty of time I built the first coat up over a couple of days. Two full passes with the Fusso wax. The heat means you have to work in small sections as it can harden and prove difficult to remove if it drys too much.

The final coat is the Soft99 King of Gloss, and this really makes the final coat pop. It really feels as smooth as silk now. White car and white wax is really hard on the eyes to work with!

Now all that is left to enjoy it and care for it from here on in. All the suspension is buttoned up and it drives lovely.

Leave a comment:

• miller
    replied
    Originally posted by Smythy411 View Post
    Love how old Japanese cars advertise their spec in Decals! Car looks great!
    an OEM shopping list!

Leave a comment:

• Smythy411
    replied
    Love how old Japanese cars advertise their spec in Decals! Car looks great!

Leave a comment:

• miller
    replied
    Prep has started now after a few weeks hibernation letting everything settle down.

There is some satisfaction applying fresh decals!

Last edited by miller; 01-07-2022, 08:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• fast focus
    replied
    Thatโ€™s a thing to behold. Gorgeous!

Leave a comment:

• deltona
    replied
    Agreed, looks fantastic. Credit to the paint shop for the work.

Leave a comment:

• Raggy doo
    replied
    Looks fantastic

Leave a comment:

• foyler
    replied
    Obviously run it by the painter but I think my days of waxing are over after finding that Sonax sealer from Ocd, literally spray on wipe off for quality and beading.
    Looks class!

Leave a comment:

• Rochey
    replied
    Looks puuuuuurty

Leave a comment:

• davemx-5
    replied
    Congrats man. That looks fantastic! Would you mind pm me who did it please. I've to get the twincam done at some stage and my friend has stopped taking full resprays so Im willing to travel for good work.

Leave a comment:

• miller
    replied
    Well that glorious phone call came late last night! ''the Galant is finished''

Picked it up this morning and safe to say I am over the moon with it. Of course a rain shower had to appear while driving home, quick rinse and with an air dry promptly put into the garage. Recommended a couple of months to let it breath and cure before applying a protective covering. Safe to say I look forward to that application of wax! Decals to add, along with rear shocks and springs. New set of Advans RGs to add that were freshly refurbed and stickered up should finish it off nicely!

Is there a better feeling than Fresh Paint Fridays

Leave a comment:

• miller
    replied
    Originally posted by deltona View Post
    Yeah, I've spotted GTi's and GSi's on autoscout24, but no VR4's seem to appear.
    Few in the USA if the appetite was good! Usually some decent big power specs pop up from time to time. The US guys and the DSM tech is a lot better than here for the earlier 4G63T setup.

For eg https://www.galantvr4.org/threads/fs...000-usd.38011/

Or on FB this group has some VR4's notably the first one in at 575whp!! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1399455183663028

Leave a comment:

Bottom of thread

Collapse
Working...
X