The 4G63T love affair continues.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by miller View Post
    As is the way! Dropped car up to my painters for wings and some spots tidied up.

Phone call threw days later. Paint is quite thin all over. Will be hard to match.

Trip up to view it. Arrgh full paint job agreed. Half mouldings already off, will be a full de trim off job.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Rare to get a painter taking on full resprayed at the minute. It'll turn out great and atleast it's early in the season so you'll still get plenty of use.

Comment

• Is it more fun to drive than the Evo?
      Not from a pace point of view, but from the feeling it gives you?
      www.PatHoranMotors.com

E39 M5, Mk2 GTI, Mk1 GTI, E30, Caddy vanyadda yadda

Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tristan View Post
        Is it more fun to drive than the Evo?
        Not from a pace point of view, but from the feeling it gives you?
        In a chilled out spin I'll take this all day long. It's no slouch either mind. The cabin is just an amazing place to be, from the dash layout to the usual snick snick of a JDM gearbox it's a drive right down nostalgia.

If it's a hectic spin or I'm craving some noise and excitement I'll take the Evo.

Comment

• Originally posted by davemx-5 View Post

Rare to get a painter taking on full resprayed at the minute. It'll turn out great and atleast it's early in the season so you'll still get plenty of use.
          It's the same guy that painted my Evo. Reluctantly he has taken the full job on as he admits it won't sit right just a few areas here and there. Whilst there isn't a rush he is a stickler for a clear shed. I waited patiently for this moment, discussions started 6 months ago.

Comment

• Fair enough I'm sure it'll turn out just as good so!

Comment

• Time to dust of the Evo so and put her to duties until the Galant is released back to the wild.

No doubt it will be fantastic after the paintshop.
              If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Comment

• It’s for the best white is hard to match especially an old white that has more than likely yellowed. The finish will be worth it.

Comment

• https://youtu.be/2bgN5JWexrA

Just popped up on my YouTube feed, may be of interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by HawkAl View Post
                    Awesome, only seeing this now. Some great memories in there!

Comment

• The old Galant is nearly finished in its preparation! Had a rare visit to see it, I generally avoid getting the way until its all over. Lots of mouldings to remove on this car much to the chagrin of the guy painting. Reckons its one thing he doesn't miss from this era!
                      Zero filler required, three dents PDR'd out and the rest is prep. The old paint had cracked in lots of places, requiring prep right down o metal in some places them primed.

Can wait to get this one back!

Comment

• Cant understand a word of this, but ive been immersed in this video the last few days! Really bringing back some early rally feels!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qp8sTqD11pY

Comment

• Also, any of the Rally nuts on here, do any of you recall any Irish competitor rallying the Galant VR4 here? Or was its only appearance the RAC Rally in NI with Pentti and McNamara in 89?

https://www.ewrc-results.com/image/290019/?entry=234927

Comment

• In period, I don't remember them miller, but there's been one at the Killarney Historic rally a few years I was down for it, J14MRE. I remember it clearly because it was the first of "my era" cars I'd seen at the event and it got me very excited for the next decade down there

https://www.ewrc-results.com/final/4...lly-2018-2019/

https://www.ewrc-results.com/final/6...es-rally-2019/

Comment

• I wonder was that Paul Hilliard of Predator Performance in Kerry, he was into stuff like that.
                              www.PatHoranMotors.com

E39 M5, Mk2 GTI, Mk1 GTI, E30, Caddy vanyadda yadda

Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes.

Comment

• Cheers lads, that Guy Anderson seems to run his Galant VR4 in a few historics across the UK also. It appears to be a reshell into the Factory J14 MRE. I will have to keep an eye out for his next trip to Ireland. Would love to see them both side by side.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X