No announcement yet.

The 4G63T love affair continues.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the storm clears and its dry! Been absolutely ages since I fired this up.
    A set of Advan RG's recently popped up for sale, I wasnt activley looking but when wheels in this PCD pop up they are always worth a look. 4 x 114.3 is rare enough these days so not exactly spoilt for choice.

16'' Advan RG's properly add to the JDMness of the whole thing. They will need a refurb to be perfect, also I need new centre caps due to protruding hub nuts. The hunt is on!

Plenty of little jobs to go at now ahead of the summer season. Its great to be able to drive out though in amongst all the fuss.

Comment

Absolutely awesome spin out to C&C Dundalk over the weekend. Great to see everyone dragging their cars out of the sheds in a common interest.

Car cleaned and shined ready. The sun and the event took the sting out of a fill of 95!

I guess full tanks of fuel are a sight to behold now! I intend to use this a lot during the dry weather.

Comment

Time for a suspension refresh, the old shock absorbers were long by their sell by date. The ride, albeit comfortable you could easily feel the rebound rates were non existent when pushing on.

Taking advantage of this to drop the car a few mm on H&R springs with an aim to close the wheel arch gap slightly.

Winparts.ie (Netherlands) proved to have all parts readily available. Which makes sense as the Galant sold very well on the continent all those years back. Slight mix up on the rears, as they substituted the rear shocks which proved incorrect. So slight faff waiting on the new ones to arrive and sending back the old ones. No rush, wheels have gone for refurb too.

The boots were disintegrating, OEM no longer available so it would have to be a generic kit trimmed to suit.

Love evenings like this, tunes on in the Garage...taking your time over all the little details. Torqueing to OEM specs etc. Missed this a lot as haven't done much since the Evo resto a few years back.

I will look into a clear underseal at some point, be nice to protect the arches at least.

New versus Old. mm drop is evident here. Spurious dust boots were a perfect fit once snipped to size. The old shocks had no rebound whatsoever and have to be manually pulled to extend.

Installed the fronts, rears next.

Comment

How on earth did I miss this thread until now? What a car, I think I'd lust after one of these more than even the Evo (and your Evo is one of my favorite cars on here). To me it gives you a lot of what makes an Evo great but in a sweeter more easygoing package for longer drives even in miserable conditions as a 4WD saloon ought to.

I know the purpose of the Evo was as a homologation special and that's why it uses a saloon body, but if car is going to be a bit of headbanger I kinda think you may as well have a wee two seater for that section of the fleet, but that's just me.
          https://www.instagram.com/diecast_1_64/

Comment

You are doing some good work with it. Nothing better than a bit of time tinkering out in the shed.

Did you see the one that went through auction recently I didn't care too much for the looks but the engine looked impressive!

Comment

crank_case a two seater TVR would make utter sense also 😁 The Evo has my main heart, the Galant took the place of the E28 in shape of comfy classic cruiser for when the family want a day out too. I'm definitely JDM for classics as opposed to EU based derivatives.

fast focus

I was tagged in that JDM Auction watch a fair few times for that Galant. I had to laugh at the US guys slagging it off when they are all running Galants with the stupid USDM massive bumpers.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by miller View Post

So much WIN in this photo!
                Your shed/ garage is fantastic

Car is alright too

Comment

Originally posted by miller View Post

I had to laugh at the US guys slagging it off when they are all running Galants with the stupid USDM massive bumpers.
                  Ah man, don't even get me started on US lads on the internet coming late to the JDM/rally turbonutter party but being the loudest least informed voices on it. Every time they describe rallying and Scoobys/Evos as "off road" I want to slap them and show them some tarmac rally footage. Even gravel roads are still roads.

https://www.instagram.com/diecast_1_64/

Comment

Rally racing ........ Uggghhhh

Great updates, the kybs should make a lovely difference! Dad had one of these in the late 90's I loved it, super cool car
                    looking back now, I think that maybe, every now and again, I should have braked a little earlier

Comment

• Originally posted by Rochey View Post

So much WIN in this photo!
                      Your shed/ garage is fantastic

Car is alright too
                      Literally living the dream in one photo ! well done. Car is class

Comment

• As is the way! Dropped car up to my painters for wings and some spots tidied up.

Phone call three days later. Paint is quite thin all over. Will be hard to match.

Trip up to view it. Arrgh full paint job agreed. Half mouldings already off, will be a full de trim off job.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Last edited by miller; 28-06-2022, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• Yeah those phone calls are never good but it will be a great job when its done.

You should have it back to use for the summer and get to a few shows hopefully.

Comment

• Originally posted by Titan View Post
                            Yeah those phone calls are never good but it will be a great job when its done.

You should have it back to use for the summer and get to a few shows hopefully.
                            Only just taxed it for the year too!

Comment

• once it doesn't get caught up in 'bodyshop jail' it will be worth it! hopefully looking forward to getting a look round this somewhere over the summer
                              looking back now, I think that maybe, every now and again, I should have braked a little earlier

Comment

• Originally posted by miller View Post

Only just taxed it for the year too!
                                Your just being too good of a model citizen there now,gold star for you from the tax man 😉

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X