No announcement yet.

The 4G63T love affair continues.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now sitting on Enkei OZ rims which are more period correct. Standard OEM offering on the RS and later on with the Evo's. Just hunting centre caps and OEM stickers. The stock suspension sits quite high, some lowering springs will help it hunker down a little. Next task!

Also got a long spin in it on Sunday, over to Dundalk C&C. Wifes first drive out in it, she has observed its a lot more comfortable than the BMW E28!!! Three adults and a teenager transported in comfort, which is exactly what this car represents in the garage. The Evo for harshness of one on one driving, the Galant for more sociable JDM ness!

Comment

I love this yoke miller There's a bit of a Mitsubishi thing in my household anyway, but I reckon this thing pulls at the heartstrings a little harder because my Dad used to daily drive a line of Lancers between '84 and '91 so Mitsubishis of this generation are literally the first cars I remember. And even that young, I remember how aspirational the big Galant was in period.

The new wheels suit it, even if I was weirdly liking the mad three spokes!
      Last edited by dimitri; 06-10-2021, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dimitri View Post
        I love this yoke miller There's a bit of a Mitsubishi thing in my household anyway, but I reckon this thing pulls at the heartstrings a little harder because my Dad used to daily drive a line of Lancers between '84 and '91 so Mitsubishis of this generation are literally the first cars I remember. And even that young, I remember how aspirational the big Galant was in period.

The new wheels suit it, even if I was weirdly liking the mad three spokes!
        I get lots of similar conversations at statics with random. All with similar stories of they owning one or their Dad driving similar....

As for the three spokes, your not the first to say that! Surprisingly a few people who I would have thought didn't have an opinion on wheels actually commented their preference on them. They are safely tucked away as an option.

Comment

Same as you, I'd have changed the wheels for something a little more rally. But, I think there is absolutely no harm stashing them away for the odd outing.

Comment

Finally got it in for its NCT, been a few pushbacks since I originally booked it in. Waiting for parts and odd jobs.

Navan has a new NCT centre and it sure makes life easier in terms of travel and booking slots.

Anyways, the Galants very first NCT in Ireland. It drew lots of attention with all the testers having a look and sit in. It passed first time with zero advisorys. Tester commented on its cleanliness underneath and wished all cars were that easy! Its great to hear and get the all okay.

Two year test, lets hope for some dry winter spins!

Comment

This is probably my favourite/most coveted car on here in all honesty. Thanks for the updates, pics etc
              Enjoy it to the full!

Comment

Originally posted by miller View Post
                Finally got it in for its NCT, been a few pushbacks since I originally booked it in. Waiting for parts and odd jobs.

Navan has a new NCT centre and it sure makes life easier in terms of travel and booking slots.

Anyways, the Galants very first NCT in Ireland. It drew lots of attention with all the testers having a look and sit in. It passed first time with zero advisorys. Tester commented on its cleanliness underneath and wished all cars were that easy! Its great to hear and get the all okay.

Two year test, lets hope for some dry winter spins!

They are a sound bunch up there!!!

Well wear!!!!!

Comment

Congrats and with those plates too!
                  I’m standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused?? 🤨🤪

Comment

Originally posted by Bazg2 View Post
                    Congrats and with those plates too!
                    I completely forgot to tack on the real ones before hand, copped it at last minute as the tester drove it in!

Comment

Originally posted by deltona View Post
                      This is probably my favourite/most coveted car on here in all honesty. Thanks for the updates, pics etc
                      Enjoy it to the full!
                      Cheers, I love driving it...this whole era of cars especially JDM cars feel really special in todays car world.

Comment

Was sent this cut out pic today, I love these cut out diagrams. Sales brochures need to return with these included!

Comment

Originally posted by miller View Post

Cheers, I love driving it...this whole era of cars especially JDM cars feel really special in todays car world.
                          Totally agree. I had a blast in the rx-7 earlier, around the wicklow and dublin mountains. The feel of the heavy steering, no abs, no traction, the lag ,the sounds and even the smell.
                          Hopped back in the m140i at home and it's like light years of a difference.
                          Great to have JDM stuff for fun.

Loving your garage lineup

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk

Comment

You have two beautfiul mitsi's fair fecking play.

As for the number plate it's in the book... The space provided on imports will not allow for all 70mm letters.

• Where the indented space provided for the number plate is not sufficient to accommodate a standard size number plate, the registration plate and registration letters and numbers may be reduced in size relative to the space provided for the number plate.

Comment

Cut out pictures are the coolest things, would love to get prints of them done for my garage when its finished.

Car looks immaculate.
                              If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Comment

More cut out pics! This time of the Rally version.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X