• Show
Clear All

What's the hand written note in the back window if its not being too nosy

Comment

Originally posted by Titan View Post
      What's the hand written note in the back window if its not being too nosy
      JDM reg?

Comment

Yep, JDM reg to get me to the VRT centre.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Comment

All plated now, insured and tax'd. Glove box has the NCT booking for now, even though its a good few weeks ahead.

Comment

Schweet, is Patrick in JDM watch only contactable via bookface?
            I’m standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused?? 🤨🤪

Comment

Originally posted by Bazg2 View Post
              Schweet, is Patrick in JDM watch only contactable via bookface?

Its how I dealt with him. A newborn on his hands Id say he is run ragged. To be honest if you have sent a generic enquiry message it may take a few days. A more specific question, certain auction, certain car may trigger him to see its a genuine query. Id say he gets 100 messages a day asking for Skylines / Evos for 10k...

Comment

No bother, am not on that bookface but I’ll see how things go, my mind changes like I don’t know what, half the time I don’t know what I want so as soon as I’m more certain I’ll try contact him.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazg2 View Post
                  No bother, am not on that bookface but I’ll see how things go, my mind changes like I don’t know what, half the time I don’t know what I want so as soon as I’m more certain I’ll try contact him.
                  A good old fashioned phone call would work. He can give you price predictions of certain models you are interested. After that enjoy the auction trawl.

Comment

So the list of jobs grows, as does the parts list. Viamoto in UK have been awesome in helping with parts. Most of all the rubber bushes,joints etc underneath are ordered. New bushes for the gearstick assembly and that was the first job.

The gear stick was incredibly loose and sloppy, sure enough when removed not one single plastic bush was left in any of the moving parts. Meaning each axis was loose by 2mm. A very fulfilling job this! half an hour to remove the seats and console and thats the biggest job. Having done this already on my Evo everything was similar. Although the Galant felt like it had 40screws compared to the 4 in the Evo!!!

Seats out, also enables a nice big clean everywhere. The forensic removal of previous owners.

The obligatory coin was found, along with this....would you risk it

The dust and particles from the ground away bushes!

Gear stick now feels stiff and solid. Nicely notching into gears as only Japanese cars do!

Comment

Well there is at least a few decades of quick arm throwing dust built up in there I'd say

It will be great to have everything feeling like new so you can really enjoy it for the summer and beyond.

Comment

Slowly but surely each little job is tackled. I love this stage...spending a few hours in the garage, tunes or podcasts on. One little job at a time.

Deep clean in around the arches, couple of trays to collect the dirt and liquids. Very satisfying.

Also the under bonnet grime was unreal. A proper challenge. You can see in the first picture how I'm doing it one half at a time. To see your progress is a great boost.

Cleaner arches etc, amazingly all the little plastic arch liners are perfect and intact. Im now on the looking for something 'clear' to seal all these areas I clean.

Engine bay clean, working on left hand side first. Small tub of Bilt Hamber surfex hd. Agitated in with a paintbrush, rinse and repeat.

Front grill was tired and worn. Remove and refresh..

Comment

I shouldn't have mentioned the grille, looking forward to seeing this one again soon.
                          If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Comment

More updates. Progress is slow, NCT put back a couple of times while i sort issues out. In no hurry.

Sent into JG Motorsport for a fair bit of mechanical work. Mainly maintenance.
                            It had a lumpy idle which was proving hard to sort out. Turns out I should have bought a lottery ticket. three teeth out on the exhaust cam. Apparently the 4G63T is notorious for it, but can take it at the same time. Car was in for new cambelt anyways. So new belts, pulleys and pumps.
                            Also a leaky steering rack needed attention. As its Four Wheel steer there is a little more to this than normal. Anyways all sorted with new seals throughout.
                            All rubber bushings underneath have been replaced along with top mounts.

Three teeth out

Also hard not to photo these two together when they both emerge from the garage.

New wheels next...then lets see whats needed after an NCT.

Comment

Somehow managed to miss these updates, nice stuff and thankfully the belt issue wasn’t, as you say, an issue!

Comment

Looks to be in fantastic condition for it's age. I know theres plenty of rough cars in Japan, but it always amazes me how many clean & original examples are still over there.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X