X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw this on the road this evening, looked great 👍

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Beautiful. Nice to see an old legend minded like it should be.

Comment

• Originally posted by HawkAl View Post
        Saw this on the road this evening, looked great 👍
        Had a spin to Dublin, great to be out. I even took the old N3 home instead of the motorway. Where abouts was it, had a lad in a black 520d beeping and giving thumbs up. Wasnt you?

Comment

• Nothing major to report, getting out on the odd spin here and there and its glorious. Attended cars and coffee a couple of weeks ago in Dundalk. Love driving this thing, especially at night. Something about Green lit dashboards really gets the JDM feels.

Porous fuel filler line was replaced.

Before and after

Nicked drive shaft boot was caught early...the joy of white wheels that quickly showed up the drips of oil.

Cars and Coffee Dundalk.

With mates at a local evening meet. Arranged in colour order for our Italian mate.

Comment

• Is the double trip-meter a nod to old school rally navigation specific to this model, or was it across the entire Galant line?
            I've never seen that before!
            Current Bad Ideas:
            Daily - 1998 Pajero Evolution
            Project - 1990 BMW e30 1JZ
            Previous "Better" Ideas: 2 x Stage III Audi B5 S4, e30 m3, e34 m5, Inca Orange 2002Tii, '89 325iS, '89 318i, '90 318iS, '91 318iS, 2 X '87 316, '89 320i, '81 e21 316

Comment

• I drove the family Galant GLS from 1992 and it had the A and B trip clocks just like that, so it was probably standard or at least very common place.

Comment

• Originally posted by e30mclow View Post
                Is the double trip-meter a nod to old school rally navigation specific to this model, or was it across the entire Galant line?
                I've never seen that before!
                Unsure, I think ive seen it before on L300 Delicas too.

Its all cool until you forget what your checking or which is which

Comment

• the factory boost gauge on the dials is great. Is it lit up by a number of LEDs ? and I assume 1bar ?

Comment

• Originally posted by ondafly View Post
                    the factory boost gauge on the dials is great. Is it lit up by a number of LEDs ? and I assume 1bar ?
                    Yes spot on, there are six units and it lights up progressively. Snap below is on full boost so all six are lit up.

The 8th Gen Galant and Legnum have a similar progressive light system for their AYC. Which to date is still one of the coolest gizmos ive ever had on a car. Incredibly hard to catch as it lights up on cornering and how hard the AYC is working. It went too in colour from green, amber and red. If you saw red you were doing well!

Comment

• Thos gauges are bloody cool.

I never copped the boost one in the first picture above.

I would much rather something like that compared to all of the fancy new
                      stuff with digital clusters.

Hopefully I'll get to see it out and about at one of the C&C's in Dundalk before the year is out.

Comment

• Short onboard video taken en route to Japfest over the weekend. Drivers eye view to experience the inside of a Galant.
                        Need to work on camera position to prevent wobbling and noise interference. Hence the music overlay.

Last edited by miller; 13-10-2022, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X