No announcement yet.

I'm contemplating a Citroen 2CV.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't posted here in quite some time. Lockdowns played absolute havoc with my 2CV's ramblings. It's had regular trips to the airport as my cherished grandson is smitten with the "fuddy twhite car" and demands at every opportunity a happy meal while watching planes landing and taking off. If not there, it's off to "The soldiers place" (Collins Barracks Museum) where he can give an accurate running commentary on all the military exhibits......to the astonishment of other visitors and the utter amusement of the curators and staff. Then there's the odd run up the Dublin/Wicklow mountains......the bloody thing climbs a surely as a mountain goat!
    Funny moments abound but the best one occurred during a lockdown. Fifi needed some exercise and I'd an urgent task making a Will for a self-isolating client. So I took the 2CV on the mission. Got stopped at a Garda Checkpoint. I'm asked to explain the purpose of my journey. So I gave my reason, also pointing out that the Covid legislation makes provision for practising lawyers on essential business and that my client can't travel to me. The Garda looks at the car and says; "Really? In that yoke?" Fifi and I were both deeply offended. I replied; "It's taxed, Insured and NCTed. I'm not about to tax my Bentley for the occasional run!" Yer man; "You've got a Bentley?" Me; "Yeah." Him; "Jazus. This thing must be quite a come down." I could feel Fifi's hackles rising! I spent the rest of the day consoling the poor little thing. 2CVs have feelings, you know!
    Last edited by lucanlaw; 26-01-2021, 12:17 PM.
    Beware of imitations; there's another lawyer out there calling himself "Lucanlaw!" So the writing on the wall may be a forgery!

Comment

• Was he driving the diesel i40, or was he rolling with the big boys in the Audi Q7's. He shouldn't been throwing stones then if, in those i40s ha

Comment

•  

Comment

• we have a 1990 end of the run 2cv Charleston edition in the family. Its comically easy to push if you ever need to move it !! Runs like a dream just has an appetite for ignition coils, the original exhaust also rotted off having been in dry storage every day of it life which never happend any other of its stable mates

Comment

• Originally posted by Notch000 View Post
            !! Runs like a dream just has an appetite for ignition coils,
            Are you using a ballast resistor coil without a ballast resistor ??
            Deadly Dave

Comment

• Coudent tell you, just using the standard set up

Comment

Working...
              X