No announcement yet.

Sold my Soul - Road Trip Of A Life Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cycled through Monument Valley onwards, Flagstaff and Sedona etc. Would love to do it at a more leisurly pace to see the scenery!

Following with interest! Would love to do something like this. Would even consider my IBT just for a trip like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfaguy View Post
      Bit of an appetiser video.
      Need to look at this in more detail this evening when I have time!

Many thanks

Originally posted by miller View Post
      Cycled through Monument Valley onwards, Flagstaff and Sedona etc. Would love to do it at a more leisurly pace to see the scenery!

Following with interest! Would love to do something like this. Would even consider my IBT just for a trip like this.
      Do it.. its always handy to a licence anyway and with IBT etc its now so much easier. They dont even ask for previous experience etc for the rental.

I am calling this a once in a life time trip, and certainly parts of it are... but those parts are making this a lot more expensive than it needs to be, extra nights in New Orleans and 3 nights in Vegas for example is adding significant cost.
      I hope to do this again in a few years.... time will tell... need to get throught this one first
      My life... Project Fail....

Comment

I dunno but iiwy I'd skip staying in Vegas, maybe because I don't gamble but I found the place sh1t hole.

Comment

Originally posted by H_Lime View Post
          I dunno but iiwy I'd skip staying in Vegas, maybe because I don't gamble but I found the place sh1t hole.
          Yeah not a gambler myself either, and not a 3 day long party person. But discussion by committee means the group decided to head there. We have 2 guys flying in for a few days too. I have already said I might just head off elsewhere for a day or two, undecided. Depends I think how much I enjoy the roads in Arizona. Wont be able to go to far as obviously I need to be back in Vegas to join the to head across Death Valley etc.

Comment

I may be mad, who knows... but this is still currently a go.

7 days till we are due to fly out!

Comment

your not mad at all, keep positive

Comment

Well I had decided this morning I wasnt going to go, but now the game is up regardless with the travel ban being extended to Ireland and the UK from Monday.....

We have cancelled all our accommodation bar Vegas and Terlingua which is non-refundable. We hope to work something out with Terlingua for a future trip, not sure yet about Vegas.

Bike hire company I believe will offer a credit note for future hires, waiting to see if we can arrange a similar deal for later in the year assuming things pick up.

Comment

Pity things worked out like that. It would have been an epic trip.

Comment

Originally posted by gsi_ire View Post
                    Well I had decided this morning I wasnt going to go, but now the game is up regardless with the travel ban being extended to Ireland and the UK from Monday.....

We have cancelled all our accommodation bar Vegas and Terlingua which is non-refundable. We hope to work something out with Terlingua for a future trip, not sure yet about Vegas.

Bike hire company I believe will offer a credit note for future hires, waiting to see if we can arrange a similar deal for later in the year assuming things pick up.
                    Really feel for you such bad timing. Make plans to go when possible.

Comment

Well its been an "interesting" 19 months for all of us since I last posted. We were very fortunate, we managed to get all of our money back except for the bike hire. Eaglerider would only offer credit notes. But to be honest, I am glad of this cause othewise I think this dream trip would have died entirely.

But here we are, 111 days from the middle of March 2022 and another attempt to ride Coast2Coast!!

Conversations where had, decisions made, bikes confirmed and flights booked!

March 15th we leave Orlando to ride 4500 miles across America to LA!

Not really much else to add right now, the plan is still pretty similar to what we had before

Comment

Id be very surprised if there is any more lockdowns stateside. Hopefully it happens this time.

Comment

Super news!
                          Get out and enjoy it!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Limerick View Post
                            Id be very surprised if there is any more lockdowns stateside. Hopefully it happens this time.
                            Yeah, that was kind of the argument I made. Nothing is going to change stateside now, the people that are vaccinated are the ones who will etc. We had to make a decision on if we trust the vaccine etc and just go for it! I do have a small concern of the US shutting up shop and closing borders again, but based on the current requirements for testing etc to enter the states I reckon thats less likely.

Originally posted by Rochey View Post
                            Super news!
                            Get out and enjoy it!
                            Thats the plan!

So currently we spend Paddys day in New Orleans

Comment

Best of luck getting going this time around.
                              As we continue to work to protect people from COVID-19, today, the Biden Administration is releasing additional detail around implementation of the new

Comment

Missed this first time around - definitely sounds like a bucket-list item.

Are you still going with the original bike-hire company ?

Comment

Working...
                                X