Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bloke View Post
    Is that true??

I'm still paying them by direct debit annually! A few years now.

You mean their happy to take payment and not provide service?!
    I'd check it out, three/four years ago they stopped all new customers from here, then dropped all others at renewal time.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Comment

• So it seems all the locks on the Thruxton (ignition, tank and saddle lock) all have to be replaced as part of the recall work.

The originating issue is that the wiring loom on all early production latest model Thruxtons is slightly too short resulting in too much stress being placed on the wiring loom when the handlebars are turned back and forth which has caused wear issues which has resulted in some bikes losing all power at speed or failure of the headlamp. Not so nice I would think.

The other recall work is related to the side stand which has had a number of failures of the securing spring causing it to fall to the floor - another thing that is not so nice.

Not so clear on why the ignition lock has to be replaced exactly but in order to avoid having to have two keys the other locks have to be replaced too.

Brexit is a right pain for the dealer to get the parts from the UK and the bike is now on its third postponement of the repairs due to no parts being delivered. I have it booked in again for next week so fingers crossed and also that this work won't lead to secondary problems as these bikes electronics are known for their fondness of suddenly deciding somebody is trying to steal it and not accepting their keys.

Comment

• I had a good read of all the documents that came with my Thruxton last night two years after getting it and discovered that my bike was a demo bike for Destination Triumph in the UK and still has the leather Destination Triumph key tag although the name is almost worn off it now. Not sure which dealer in the Destination Triumph group had it as there are about three or four Destination Triumph dealers in Southern England.

As a demo it clocked up 1,878 miles and its first owner other than the garage decided he needed a Christmas present and signed the deal for the bike leaving a deposit on Christmas eve 2016 with the bike being delivered to him on January 7th 2017. I know the term demo conjures up images of the bike being trashed about but a lot of these demos are allocated to salesmen or garage managers as company bikes so a lot of the mileage is clocked up by them too.

I must make enquiries with the garage if they know whether any moto vlogger ever borrowed my bike to do a test ride. My bike would have been one of the first new design Thruxton R models to have been released so it may have been. I know that several moto volgger's borrow bikes from Destination Triumph to do video's on.

Comment

• I don't like the way they got rid of the chrome hand grab bars at the back of the T120 saddle or the switch to brushed aluminium wheels and that tank badge looks a bit too retro for me.

Comment

• The original (new model) Thruxton R was/is so beautiful that any upgrade to its styling just ruins the look of it. This bike is far too fussy for me and I will be keeping my plain old silver R.

Comment

• So Triumph have introduced a chrome edition to many of their bikes and in this video starting at 5:15 the Thruxton RS looks just stunning. I had been wishing to upgrade to the Thruxton RS model for some time but did not like any of the paint jobs but this is the business. I also had been thinking of trading it in for a BMW R9T which I still have not ruled out but at least now I have two choices.

Comment

•  

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                Working...
                X