No announcement yet.

Thinking of a sports bike.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had a nice spin on the S1K today. The bike seems to be getting more agile and freer as the mileage (2,300km) goes up. Not afraid to take it out on wet roads now with my new tyres. Turn on Rain mode and my mind is much more relaxed within reason of course.

It has a perfect score card so far with the only comment I could make is that it is one of my most thirsty bikes on petrol but that is because its so hard to just cruise around on it and the bike wants to get there fast like your life depended on it all the time and everybody just gets out of your way when they see the bikes angry eyes in their rear view mirror assuming that this must be a lunatic riding this.

Comment

• I bought this paddock stand for the front of the bike today so that it will be easier to clean the front wheel. Of course this will make it easier to clean the front wheels on all my bikes. The twin large brake discs on my bikes make even checking the air difficult (not on the BMW with its side pointed valve). The carbon wheels seem to easily attract dust which adheres to them even after a short dry run so most times the beautiful carbon fibre finish is not even visible. It will also make it easier to check the tyres for foreign objects like nails etc. You don't want a puncture on a front tyre.

A pin stand was my preferred choice but like the guy in this video I was worried the pins would damage the threads or structural integrity of two bolts that the pins could make contact with.

This stand is easy to use once you make sure the handlebars are dead straight and the stand is exactly in line with the front wheel. The rear stand has to be in place already obviously.

Last edited by Alfaguy; 05-06-2021, 08:49 PM.

Comment

• [VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLm_L7EWcFYhttp://<br /> <br /> &#91;video=youtube;...;/URL&#93;</a>

I give up!
        Last edited by Alfaguy; 09-06-2021, 09:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfaguy View Post

I give up!
          Is this what you were going for?

Comment

• Originally posted by kadett 244 View Post

Is this what you were going for?
            Yes thanks.

Comment

• I am considering that taller M clear screen for my bike - it does not look as sexy as the one on mine but I must admit that my screen is virtually useless for diverting the air over you head. If it does not make much of a difference or I find it too ugly to live with I could put back my old one and sell it on again.

Comment

• Any issues with the bike ? What kind of mileage you have at the moment, have you done some servicing in BMW ? The reason I am asking that I just read a horror story on the internet, 6000km BMW 2019 and more problems than it's worth it... Definitely not all of them are like that but I have to tell you that you are a brave man to buy a new one after so many horror stories are written. Perhaps your version is fully sorted and mistakes are fixed and hopefully no issues whatsoever.
                Any car that merely takes you from A-B does not go far enough.

Comment

• Yeah my bike has been flawless - nearly 3,000km up on it now. I had it up for its first service around the 600km mark. The service guys at Joe Duffy's are great and think a bit about your bike and seem genuine bike enthusiasts. So my lack of posts about it recently is that everthing is fine and nothing to report other than I am enjoying it and finding out new things about it almost every week - this week I discovered how the hill start assist works - very handy for hill stops and starts.

It was all the horror stories about the early productions bikes that made me buy new and avoid them which seems to have worked out. Clearly they released the bike too soon before they had gotten a lot of the issues resolved. Anyway I have my three year warranty just in case.

Comment

• That's good to hear, weather is being great. Mileage should climb up nicely with long days and sunshine
                    Any car that merely takes you from A-B does not go far enough.

Comment

• I don't know why all the reviews says that the standard exhaust is quite - it more than any of my other bikes wakes the neighbourhood I am sure if I cold start it in the garage which acts as a loudspeaker as the revs are very high until it warms up a bit and on spirited acceleration such as overtakes it gives out an almighty roar that makes me cautious I might unduly alarm the driver of the car I am overtaking.

Even in the full whack replace everything exhaust video's I am unimpressed with the improvement in noise or performance so I will be keeping the standard can.

Last edited by Alfaguy; 07-07-2021, 12:26 PM.

Comment

•  

Comment

•  

Comment

•  

Comment

•  

Comment

• How are you getting on with the bike, AG?

Comment

Working...
                                X