Header

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you do to your MotorBike today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it a very old tyre ?
    Any car that merely takes you from A-B does not go far enough.

Comment

• Manufactured week 17 of 2019 by the looks of that first pic.

Comment

• Originally posted by -alan- View Post
        Manufactured week 17 of 2019 by the looks of that first pic.
        Yup, was on the bike when i got it so i've covered nearly 6k km on it. Not sure how long its been on the bike before that though.

Comment

• Change it for a new one Ger, forget about the old one, life's too short for that kinda aggro and just enjoy the new lease of life your bike will have on fresh rubber. Tis a wondrous thing!

I'm working my way through the backlog of new tyres that have been sitting in the shed waiting for some attention. Finally got the new rear onto the ZRX on Sunday and brought it for a scrubbing-in run to Carlow. It's still my favourite bike by some margin. I can only imagine what the modern equivalent must be like to ride.

Next is the 240 rear on the Raider, as well as a new front. That should be some transformation, seeing as the bike is still on it's original (2013) Metzeler Marathons! It was alright in warm weather, but as soon as it got colder the front was really sketchy.

Comment

• Distinguished Gentleman's Ride yesterday in Tullamore (and from there to Kinnitty Castle), so not the longest of rides but enjoyable all the same with about 40 participants.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Crikey - that thing's gleaming Pedro.

I trust the newly found wheelie and stoppie skills from the track training were put to good use at least somewhere on the run

Comment

• Originally posted by -alan- View Post
                Crikey - that thing's gleaming Pedro.

I trust the newly found wheelie and stoppie skills from the track training were put to good use at least somewhere on the run
                Nothing a seasoned delinquent like yourself would consider a wheelie Alan! Maybe a sliver of daylight in first, possibly second but I'm in no rush to poke that particular bear.

More practice on someone else's bike is definitely the way to go.

I did manage to get the stiction out of the accelerator cables on Saturday though, with a strip & lubing session. So that feels miles better than it did and would certainly encourage some tentative clutch popping.

And as for stoppies, I'd say the front lever would be touching the grip before the rear would lift. Not the sharpest brakes. Which is probably a good thing!

Comment

• Yes Pedro you are keeping your ZRX in top condition - must get out more on mine when the summer comes.

My Insurance renewal was up tomorrow so I was pleasantly surprised at the huge reduction in my insurance premium despite adding new bikes like the Monster, Panigale and Lifan to the policy since last renewal. Great value for a 6 bike fleet.

2021 Premium = €1,100
                  2022 Premium = €480

Comment

• Originally posted by pedrosixfour View Post
                    Distinguished Gentleman's Ride yesterday in Tullamore (and from there to Kinnitty Castle), so not the longest of rides but enjoyable all the same with about 40 participants.

Looks very clean Pedro, really nice bike and worth to keep for years to come.
                    Any car that merely takes you from A-B does not go far enough.

Comment

• Been at this funeral today - I am at the front in the yellow jacket and back pack on my S1000. Ollie got a heart attack on his bike some days ago and crashed into a wall in the town. RIP Ollie.

https://www.novas.ie/stories/ollies-story/

Comment

• Sorry to hear that AG. I always find bikers funerals very respectful and a bit poignant.
                        Rip to your friend Ollie.

Comment

• Good send off AG.

Rest in peace Ollie.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X