Header

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FS: 2005 Mercedes C180 Kompressor Elegance with NCT & Tax, €700...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: 2005 Mercedes C180 Kompressor Elegance with NCT & Tax, €700...

Afternoon all,

I bought this car 1.5 years ago from 993C4 of this parish and it has been a very reliable and comfortable old thing since then. Here's a few deets:

2005 Dublin reg
    1.8 petrol Kompressor
    Automatic
    Passed NCT in March with 208,832 km on the clock (and last year, also under my ownership, at 200k km)
    I think I am either the 3rd or 4th owner
    It's silver, with black leather interior

In my ownership it has had:

4 new tyres (I don't remember the brand, but they won't be anything Premium)
    a full service (oil, filters, plugs)
    brake discs and pads
    some ball joints, and a wheel bearing and other minor bits

It is NCT'd til March 2023 and taxed til October 2022

It's in good condition inside and out, though since I've been in Rome it has been used mainly by my mother (it does very low mileage) to ferry around grandkids etc, so it might need a clean inside but I'm assured it is reasonably tidy throughout. In typical Merc fashion there is a small rip on the driver's side seat bolster.

A few things to note: my dad has been telling me that it'll need two front tyres and tracking, the service book wasn't stamped at the last service....

...and

last week it threw up a warning light, and the following code:

Screenshot 2022-06-22 at 15.31.04.png

It now won't engage higher gears. Mr Google suggested replacing the transmission conductor plate, which I duly had done, but it's still the same. Mam is buying an EV anyway, and I'm away from Ireland for the foreseeable future, so I figured it's not worth putting any more money into.

Maybe I've overlooked something, in which case someone in the know might be able to bag themselves a nice old Merc with loads of NCT and tax for little money and a cheap fix. I figured that if it doesn't sell I can just reclaim the tax (€350ish worth I think) and maybe cut the cat off it if it's worth anything. It would be a shame to do that though because it is a lovely car that I've enjoyed owning and driving.

So, I'd like €700 for it and you can drive it away (albeit slowly)

Thanks
    There's no light, There's only fire!

Photos would help! Apologies 993C4, Ive had to nick one of yours because I don't actually have any of my own. It looks like any other silver 2005 C Class really

WhatsApp Image 2022-06-22 at 3.32.29 PM.jpeg

Comment

Sold & gone

Comment

I have a copyright on this image... so you now owe me €700 ...
        Glad to see she is still going..ish

Comment

Originally posted by 993C4 View Post
          I have a copyright on this image... so you now owe me €700 ...
          Glad to see she is still going..ish
          It went to a very enthusiastic young chap from Lithuania who intends to put it back on the road. He conceded himself it’s a fairly simple fix and he knew he was getting a bargain It’s a good car with lots of life left in it, up until now it had been faultless in 18 months of ownership. Will miss it!

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
          Working...
          X