Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale: Quontum 2+2 Electric Conversion

Hey,

I bought this Ford Fiesta based Quontum 2+2 about a year ago but unfortunately I don’t have the time to finish the car off, I bought it as a learning tool into the electric motor conversions as the previous owner started the conversion but didn’t finish it off so my intentions where to learn and finish the car but I’ve done nothing this last year.

That being said the car is fitted with a net gain impulse 9 electric motor attached to the original fiesta gearbox using a clutch less design, kelly motor controller with regen and battery management system, dc battery charger and 30 3.2 prismatic lithium iron cell batteries, all in all the previous owner has put in 10k worth of electrical equipment with receipts to prove.

As it sits it does move however the fitted charging point is not operational, you can charge 4 batteries at a time to full charge but this needs to be looked at, the clutch less design isn’t ideal as you can only pull the car away in 4th gear as there is to much power in lower gears so a clutch would need to be fitted, batteries need to be balanced.

It needs someone that wants to learn about electric motors or use the equipment attached with the car and put it into there own car as the impulse 9 motor is a proper motor fitted to many cars.

I’m asking 5k for the car which isn’t bad considering there is 10k worth of electrics in the car and then the car itself cost a lot.

If someone is interested send me a message and I can send on some photos etc

Thanks again,
    Bosco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is it on Irish plates, UK registered, or how does that work?

Comment

Hey,

Sorry I forgot to mention that, it’s currently on UK plates.

Comment

Bump, any interest in this before I go the donedeal route, be a fun project for someone to learn about converting a car to ev !

Comment

Any more photos?

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

I haven't been on here for a while and as soon as I log in I see this! Wish I had the funds to buy this. Like yourself I would love to get amongst something like this and learn how it all works. I'd say it would be a hoot to drive when fully sorted too.

GLWS, maybe next time for me!
              THE LIMITS OF TYRANTS ARE PRESCRIBED BY THE ENDURANCE OF THOSE WHOM THEY OPPRESS.

Comment

Hey,

That’s exactly why I bought it to learn about the EV conversions that are inevitable to happen, but I have done nothing since I bought it.

I believe the gear in it is ideal for a classic mini conversion also which is also tempting to me but realistically I don’t have time with work. Regards photos above if anyone wants more just send me your phone number and I will happily send some via what’sapp, all the electrics are in the car now but they need setting up more.

Regards

Comment

The engine might interest some people 😂

Comment

Bump !

Final bump before I put it up on donedeal or keep it.

I might swap it for something else if it helps someone out, generally into pre 1990 cars but open to all swaps really.

Thanks

Comment

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/30132858 1988 Quontum 2+2 (Electric Conversion) Donedeal add now available.

Comment

Working...
                      X