For Sale: 205 GTI Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale: 205 GTI Project

Said I'd post it up here before I go down the road of donedeal!

Some may have seen my standard 205 GTI in the Members Gallery thread but I have a second I had planned to make a T16 replica out of but I just don't have the time to get started and I think it's best to leave it off to someone else, I'll list what I have and what's included and then if someone wants individual bits you can PM and I'll see about splitting the lot.

1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9 (Irish reg) in white
    New replica dimma widebody kit
    306 GTI6 engine, 1.9 205 GTI gearbox, GTI6 flywheel and mi16 Clutch kit
    Unlocked GTI6 ECU for conversion along with correct wiring loom for conversion
    BakerBM coolant hose conversion kit, fast road engine/gearbox mounts and fast road rear axle mounts (all brand new - €450)
    Set of brand new white speedline sl434 wheels from ears.ie, €750
    Full set of T16 widebody rally car decals
    2 sets of 1.9 205 gti wheels
    205 GTI steering wheel early 2 spoke version
    205 GTI steering wheel freshly retrimmed in alcantara (more common 3 spoke)

The car itself has no engine, gearbox or exhaust fitted, so all this will need to be fitted. It is also a 'project' and has rust on the sills and arches, if your fitting the widebody kit some of this will be cut away anyway. Regardless it is treatable but will require attention. I'll try get photos up shortly of the worst of it. Everything else is there with the car, full interior, suspension, wheels etc. all still on the car, interior is in very good shape. The GTI6 engine had approx 120k miles on removal, I heard it running in a video, ran fine, no oil leaks, maybe a little tappety but nothing major. I should still have the video for any buyer anyway. The paint is good on the car but obviously goes without saying if you're fitting the kit and repairing the rust the whole car will resprayed. With the engine bay almost empty it'd be worth stripping it a little further and doing the engine bay and underneath as well, which is what I was going to do.

I'm probably better to sell in parts but to save hassle I'd rather sell the lot together, price for the lot is €4,500 without the Speedline wheels or €5,000 with, I appreciate this will require a particular buyer who had potentially planned something similar

Like I said I'll try get some photos, the car is in storage at the minute so it'll be the weekend.

Last edited by dimitri; 14-10-2021, 02:23 PM.

Mods: Maybe put 'For Sale:' in front of the thread title, realised after most might think it's a project I'm doing unless they spot the subforum!

Comment

any pics please?

Comment

I'll get photos up the weekend as the car is in storage back home in Waterford.

Comment

205 with the GTI-6 heart will go like a rocket

Comment

Originally posted by Notch000 View Post
            205 with the GTI-6 heart will go like a rocket
            Be unreal finished. Hopefully someone buys it all as a project.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianC1 View Post
              Said I'd post it up here before I go down the road of donedeal!

Some may have seen my standard 205 GTI in the Members Gallery thread but I have a second I had planned to make a T16 replica out of but I just don't have the time to get started and I think it's best to leave it off to someone else, I'll list what I have and what's included and then if someone wants individual bits you can PM and I'll see about splitting the lot.

1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9 (Irish reg) in white
              New replica dimma widebody kit
              306 GTI6 engine, 1.9 205 GTI gearbox, GTI6 flywheel and mi16 Clutch kit
              Unlocked GTI6 ECU for conversion along with correct wiring loom for conversion
              BakerBM coolant hose conversion kit, fast road engine/gearbox mounts and fast road rear axle mounts (all brand new - €450)
              Set of brand new white speedline sl434 wheels from ears.ie, €750
              Full set of T16 widebody rally car decals
              2 sets of 1.9 205 gti wheels
              205 GTI steering wheel early 2 spoke version
              205 GTI steering wheel freshly retrimmed in alcantara (more common 3 spoke)

The car itself has no engine, gearbox or exhaust fitted, so all this will need to be fitted. It is also a 'project' and has rust on the sills and arches, if your fitting the widebody kit some of this will be cut away anyway. Regardless it is treatable but will require attention. I'll try get photos up shortly of the worst of it. Everything else is there with the car, full interior, suspension, wheels etc. all still on the car, interior is in very good shape. The GTI6 engine had approx 120k miles on removal, I heard it running in a video, ran fine, no oil leaks, maybe a little tappety but nothing major. I should still have the video for any buyer anyway. The paint is good on the car but obviously goes without saying if you're fitting the kit and repairing the rust the whole car will resprayed. With the engine bay almost empty it'd be worth stripping it a little further and doing the engine bay and underneath as well, which is what I was going to do.

I'm probably better to sell in parts but to save hassle I'd rather sell the lot together, price for the lot is €4,500 without the Speedline wheels or €5,000 with, I appreciate this will require a particular buyer who had potentially planned something similar

Like I said I'll try get some photos, the car is in storage at the minute so it'll be the weekend.
              Hi do you happen to have or know of a 1.6 or 1.9 gearbox for sale

Comment

Originally posted by TheStigsSon View Post

Hi do you happen to have or know of a 1.6 or 1.9 gearbox for sale
                I don't have any number but her might be able to help

https://www.adverts.ie/car-parts-acc...-parts/5355391

Comment

Nice project, reminds me of something similar I have build few years ago. I had engine and running gear from 306/309 GTI etc.. Car was a blast on twisties and around Mondello. If done properly you will have endless amount of fun. Good luck with the project, if you have any questions fire away, it's been a while but I have a lot of stuff documented somewhere.

The add on Adverts, I had some dealings with that guy. He had plenty of stuff lying around around his farm, 309 Goodwood, 205s GTI, 106 GTI, proper Peugeot nut... just don't expect anything cheap, he was expensive back then he will be even more expensive now but that's normal I guess.
                  Any car that merely takes you from A-B does not go far enough.

Comment

Sounds similar to that Toyota lad in the midlands.
                    I'm sorry 250 is too much for a celica TTE spoiler that was broken in 3 places.

Comment

Working...
                    X