This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 Porsche 911 C4 996

My dad is going to be selling his 911 very shortly so going to offer it up here first before it goes on the usual sites.

He imported it from the UK approximately 2007/2008 and paid an eyewatering VRT figure, around the current asking price of the car so it wasn't VRT free or anything so they would be a decent rebate owed if someone wanted to go down the road of exporting.

He drove it for 2 or 3 years and then took it off the road as his collection grew and started driving other cars, and it has sat in the garage basically since 2010 or so with alot of other unused cars!

It's just had a decent recommission service done which included replacing both front rads which are prone to leaking on these, some brake lines replaced that were a bit worse for wear, alternator replaced and all the fluids done, Coolant, brake, gearbox, engine, diff etc. I'll check the invoice there might of been a few small bits on top of that also

I put it through the NCT then and it failed on a rear indicator bulb! After 11 years that's all it failed on so retested and it has its provisional cert bar the lift inspection but everything should be in order for that.

Anyway the general spec is below:

1998 Porsche 911 3.4 C4
    Silver
    Tiptronic (Unfortunately for some but it has its market too)
    Grey leather interior
    75k odd miles
    Full service history, obviously a large gap when it was off the road but no gaps as far as mileage is concerned
    Bodywork is excellent, currently getting a full detail and paintwork correction to get ready for sale. One small dent on the rear near the spoiler but more than likely he'll get this done with PDR before sale
    Interior also in good fettle no major wear and lines up with mileage
    Drives very nice, power where it should be and handles well despite needing tires as mentioned below

Now the bad points in my opinion:

Brakes are a little hard, stop the car perfectly but pedal slightly harder than I'd like

Rubber boot underneath rear spoiler is split, readily available online for not huge money

Needs 4 tires but these will be included at the asking price, I know people have their own preference on tires especially on a performance car so these will be included along with tracking for the new owner, obviously within reason not €300 worth per corner but still a premium tire, for example the rears in a Pirelli P Zero or Michelin PS2 N rated tire are approx €180 for the rears and €140 for the fronts

Other than that I think its in pretty good order as far as I could see but happy to let anyone inspect it at their own leisure who might be more knowledgeable than me on 911s

Asking price for a backroader is €17,000 with the tires

Now unfortunately I've zero photos until its back from its detail which is hopefully early next week, I'll upload them as soon as I get the car back.
    Last edited by BrianC1; 05-06-2020, 09:15 AM. Reason: Edited tire section to include N-Rated Tires

GLWS but without N rated tyres it's going to be a tougher sell..

And N rated tyres are unfortunately about 250-300 a corner.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by alan996 View Post
      GLWS but without N rated tyres it's going to be a tougher sell..

And N rated tyres are unfortunately about 250-300 a corner.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
      Appreciate the feedback, I'll offer N rated tires at the asking price. Camskill have Pirelli P Zeros and Michelin PS2 for €180 for the rears, a fair chunk off €300 and the fronts are even cheaper at around €130 each.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianC1 View Post
        Appreciate the feedback, I'll offer N rated tires at the asking price. Camskill have Pirelli P Zeros and Michelin PS2 for €180 for the rears, a fair chunk off €300 and the fronts are even cheaper at around €130 each.
        You're not wrong : I buy N-rated locally for about 200 odd fitted & balanced.

Grey interior in my C2 3.6 - also a Tip btw, so for me thats a ++ over a manual, not a minus. Each to their own as you point out.

GLWS - sounds like a nice car tbh.

Comment

I would not lose my sleep over N rating. Some Michelin Pilot Sport2 are N-rated, some are not, so go figure... This is pub talk

Comment

Originally posted by galwaytt View Post
            You're not wrong : I buy N-rated locally for about 200 odd fitted & balanced.
            This is what I paid last week also (for rears). N-rated fronts are around €150. PS4s are €135 so not a huge delta/saving.

I DIY'd that rubber spoiler wall. 116GBP from Design911 and about an hour of your time.

It sounds like a cool car. 4wd and auto has its place as someone's urban year-round daily driver.
            1998 Porsche 911 3.4 Carrera 2 (996)
            2000 Mazda MX-5 1.8 Jasper Conran #68/400
            2003 BMW 325i E46 Sport Touring

Comment

completely agree. Had many different non N tires on my 997 and it's all shite talk.

Comment

Forgot to add some photos of this after getting detailed after storage!
                Last edited by BrianC1; 28-06-2020, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Looks lovely, Brian.

For what it's worth I thought the brake pedal was hard in a 997 as well. I wouldn't put it down as a bad point
                      Current: '08 Mercedes-Benz C63 //AMG
                      Previous: ‘08 BMW E92 ///M3
                      Previous: ‘03 BMW E39 530i + ‘03 BMW E85 Z4 3.0i Roadster
                      Previous: ‘07 BMW E92 335i
                      Previous: ‘97 BMW E36 323i Coupé

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X