Toyota Starlet Glanza V for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota Starlet Glanza V for sale

Reluctantly putting my Glanza V up for sale as I have other projects I need to prioritize.

I looked for a good, rust free example and could only find one in Japan so I imported this last year.

It is in as close to original shape as you will find. It came with slightly lowered suspension, a k&n cone filter, a HKS boost gauge and a g-reddy turbo timer. The timing belt was done at 98k km and I have done just over 1k km since it was imported.

For a certain generation of us, these were the Celtic Tiger whip of choice. Today there are not many left and good ones are very hard to find. These cars have a huge nostalgia factor for some of us and a lack of survivors mean that these cars will hold their value well in the future.

Being a 96, classic insurance policy's are available. Tax is €385 for the year but with tax on, tax off they are a cheap car to run.
    Serious inquiries only. Thanks.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sal...000km/33560121

That’s lovely, I never appreciated these at the time, probably because they were driven by people I didn’t like, but if I had a time machine!

Comment

Originally posted by fez View Post
      That’s lovely, I never appreciated these at the time, probably because they were driven by people I didn’t like, but if I had a time machine!
      Thanks for that. It is a lot of fun to drive being so lightweight. When the boost comes on and the intake makes it's noise it's great. My car only boosts to 0.6bar and I know a lot of lads used to love modifying these but I think half the attraction of my car is that it's mostly stock and low km's.

Comment

Jaasus if i had the cash...and a garage id have that. Lovely example. Had a silver 96 aswell back in the day. Still miss it. Good luck with the sale.

Comment

Looks very clean, if only we knew what we had at the time!

How much is VRT these days?

Comment

Originally posted by blascae111 View Post
            Jaasus if i had the cash...and a garage id have that. Lovely example. Had a silver 96 aswell back in the day. Still miss it. Good luck with the sale.
            Thanks for that. I am lucky that I have been able to dry store it over the winter. Without good storage it's hard to keep cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Taybag View Post
              Looks very clean, if only we knew what we had at the time!

How much is VRT these days?
              Not a lot actually. I think it's still on the vrt calculator. Problem is they have increased in price a lot in Japan. Also, nearly half of what's on carsensor are automatics. And who wants that..

Comment

Oh this brings back memories.

My very first car was a 1997 Glanza that I took in from Japan, spent a bloody fortune modifying it and still
                have it in the garage.

As you say, like every JDM car its hard enough to come across a fairly standardish example these days.
                Still hard to get my head around them making this sort of money now when they were probably
                a few thousand for a long time.

Your car looks really mint, hopefully it finds a good home.

GLWS.

Comment

Originally posted by Titan View Post
                  Oh this brings back memories.

My very first car was a 1997 Glanza that I took in from Japan, spent a bloody fortune modifying it and still
                  have it in the garage.

As you say, like every JDM car its hard enough to come across a fairly standardish example these days.
                  Still hard to get my head around them making this sort of money now when they were probably
                  a few thousand for a long time.

Your car looks really mint, hopefully it finds a good home.

GLWS.
                  Thanks Titan. In an ideal world I would love to hold on to it but other cars will take priority in the next few weeks

Comment

@sj

Your time has come.
                    https://www.instagram.com/diecast_1_64/

Comment

Stunning. I had one of these back in 2005 and I loved it. Thats a really nice example.

Comment

These were everywhere once upon a time now I can't remember the last time I saw one !looks absolutely mint!

Comment

I remember back in the Octane days, some young lad signed up with a Starbo, and he was ran off the site!

I probably said it loads of times before; I used to look down on these. That was until a friend asked me to mind (and use) his one for two days. My mind was changed straight away. Quick little car! I grinned from ear to ear solid for those two days. Great little car. And so cool to see one in such amazing condition now. A rare and cool car.

It really is an example of how bullsh1t prejudices and preconceptions can affect your idea of something even when you have never even sat in one! Silly.
                          Last edited by markcro; 13-03-2023, 01:48 PM.
                          We all stood around in a circle naked, thrusting our clinched fists in the air screaming "Jap Power!!"

Comment

These are just such a hoot to drive. Hard to believe seeing this is in such nice original condition I certainly wouldn’t have had the patience to keep it standard. A jam ecu, a hks actuator and send it to 1 bar was the meta 170-80 bhp for buttons.

Nostalgia will certainly sell this on its own. Many’s an Irish young lad that would be in his late 30’s /40’s would love it I’m sure. Worth every penny!

Comment

Its a shape that has aged very well too. Most 90s Jap stuff still looks fresh today actually.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X