X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• markcro
    replied
    Originally posted by -alan- View Post
    ^ Just remember BuiOgs famous mantra - "Roofs are for p**fs" ..

Excellent purchase Markcro. I love those early TVRs before they went all StarWars, and it's probably true to say that one probably would struggle to find a better owner.

Keep us posted, plenty of pics and something with a bit of proper video/audio wouldn't go amiss n the circumstances either
    Hahaha I like that!
    Thanks Alan. I have a lot to learn and get used to over the coming months, but that will be fun.
    Last edited by markcro; 18-04-2022, 04:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• markcro
    replied
    I forgot to post a photo of the business end...

Leave a comment:

• -alan-
    replied
    ^ Just remember BuiOgs famous mantra - "Roofs are for p**fs" ..

Excellent purchase Markcro. I love those early TVRs before they went all StarWars, and it's probably true to say that one probably would struggle to find a better owner.

Keep us posted, plenty of pics and something with a bit of proper video/audio wouldn't go amiss n the circumstances either

Leave a comment:

• markcro
    replied
    Originally posted by Johnny 89 View Post
    Excellent stuff Markcro.. I was looking forward to this post Great to hear and the V8S looks absolutely fantastic.

I'm looking forward to seeing this car in the plastic already
    Plastic fantastic! I haven't had the balls yet to take down the roof. A convertible is a new concept to me!

Leave a comment:

• markcro
    replied
    Originally posted by Alfaguy View Post
    Aww sad to hear the GT6 has gone from the backroads fleet. I used to enjoy hearing about that car. I have my TR6 30 years next year - don't think I could ever part with it now not that I ever really considered it.
    Closest I came to getting another two seater (but keeping the TR) was a Lotus Elan but the idea never gained much traction as the Alfa GTV and Fiat Coupe just seemed to have so much more class and I eventually went for the Fiat Coupe(s) I am on my third now.

Well wear with the TVR - it looks like a well cared for example.

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/car-revi...lan-1990-1995/
    Yeah it is sad to see her go. But I neither had the money nor space to keep her and get the TVR. I was actually looking at 1970s Lotus Elan +2's as well. But my heart always brought me back to a TVR. I have never owned a V8 or a convertible, or a TVR. So three boxes were ticked in one go!

With regard to space, the TVR is 30cm wider that the GT6 which doesn't seem like a lot. But when my garage is only 2.6m wide, 30cm becomes alot! So I had to make sure that I was choosing a car that I could actually fit!

TVR
    Trouble Very Regularly? :-0
    We'll see how it goes as I only have her a few days. But any old car is going to need some constant maintenance.

Thanks All!
    Last edited by markcro; 18-04-2022, 11:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• deltona
    replied
    That's a lovely looking classic. Great interior and exterior colour combo. Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• Johnny 89
    replied
    Excellent stuff Markcro.. I was looking forward to this post Great to hear and the V8S looks absolutely fantastic.

I'm looking forward to seeing this car in the plastic already

Leave a comment:

• Deadly Dave
    replied
    Fantastic, enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• mikerd4
    replied
    I love those TVRs. My neighbour had one years back, it seemed to break down every week randomly for no apparent reason depending what way the wind was blowing but that's part of the charm of them 🤣

Leave a comment:

• Alfaguy
    replied
    Aww sad to hear the GT6 has gone from the backroads fleet. I used to enjoy hearing about that car. I have my TR6 30 years next year - don't think I could ever part with it now not that I ever really considered it.
    Closest I came to getting another two seater (but keeping the TR) was a Lotus Elan but the idea never gained much traction as the Alfa GTV and Fiat Coupe just seemed to have so much more class and I eventually went for the Fiat Coupe(s) I am on my third now.

Well wear with the TVR - it looks like a well cared for example.

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/car-revi...lan-1990-1995/

Leave a comment:

• foyler
    replied
    There's gotta be some kind of award for this, someone finally had the stones to do it, tip of the hat Mark.

Leave a comment:

• Titan
    replied
    Nice one, your GT6 looked mint but that TVR is more than a nice upgrade.

Best of luck with it and happy motoring, looks very clean and tidy.

Leave a comment:

• markcro
    replied
    So what was this seed that was planted? Well ever since I seen Clarkson reviewing TVRs as a teenager, and always saying to my friend that one day I would...........

And so he gave me the kick up the hole to stand to my words......

Leave a comment:

• markcro
    replied
    She was even my wedding car...

Once she even graced the tarmac of Mondello Park on an IVVCC run. And many other happy adventures over the years.

But then a friend planted a seed in my ear, that I couldn't ignore no matter how hard that I tried to ignore it. And it grew roots. And sadly Little Red was sold in order to make the other possible. I still miss her, but no doubt the new owners are enjoying her as she is such a wonderful fun little car.
    Last edited by markcro; 18-04-2022, 12:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• markcro
    replied
    Over 13 years I had plenty of adventures in her. She is such a fun car. I drove from Dublin to Dingle and did the Ring of Kerry one May..

Leave a comment:

Bottom of thread

Collapse
Working...
X