Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TVRs, Fish & Chips in Howth

(photo courtesy of Tony TVR rep)
    We all stood around in a circle naked, thrusting our clinched fists in the air screaming "Jap Power!!"

Comment

Ring of Kerry May 2022

We all stood around in a circle naked, thrusting our clinched fists in the air screaming "Jap Power!!"

Comment

Fair play markcro looks a great car you got there. Good to see your getting plenty of use! Can''t wait until my Mx5 is €56 tax next year and make some use out of the convertible.

Comment

Originally posted by davemx-5 View Post
          Fair play markcro looks a great car you got there. Good to see your getting plenty of use! Can''t wait until my Mx5 is €56 tax next year and make some use out of the convertible.
          Yeah the classic tax is great. I'm still getting used to the whole convertible thing. I've only gone topless a few times. I never had a convertible before so it feels very odd still....

Comment

Originally posted by markcro View Post

Yeah the classic tax is great. I'm still getting used to the whole convertible thing. I've only gone topless a few times. I never had a convertible before so it feels very odd still....
            It really comes into its own at night. Love driving topless at night for some reason!

Comment

Looks lovely!

Comment

Originally posted by markcro View Post

I'm still getting used to the whole convertible thing. I've only gone topless a few times. I never had a convertible before so it feels very odd still....
                I've always found warm overcast days and nights the best for having the top down. I burn up too quickly on sunny days.

Deadly Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Deadly Dave View Post
                  I've always found warm overcast days and nights the best for having the top down. I burn up too quickly on sunny days.
                  I spent a sunny day driving around West Meath with the top down. I was thinking to myself that I don't get the supposed feeling of freedom/ blue sky that a convertible is meant to give. And then I realised that because it was a sunny day, I had a baseball cap on to stop my noggin getting burnt to a crisp. And sure the cap's peak over your face gives the same feeling as having a roof over you!

Comment

Great thread Mark,

Sounds like you are enjoying the TVR. Nice to know there is another one added to the TVR tally over here. Will you be going to the classic show in Galway, if so I might be there to say hello if I can spare a few hours.

Sorry, I haven't been on here for a while because I have been a bit busy with other stuff...
                    Full resto of a MK5 Hilux and also whipping out the engine and box in my own TVR to replace a worn camshaft which is now a full engine rebuild because I thought I might as well while I'm at it! Fabricating a new exhaust system, replacing all gaskets and seals in the gearbox and overdrive unit, painting the chassis, refreshing the engine bay and now I am in the middle of building a boarding cattery for my wife's new business so Backroads took a back seat for a while as I've been posting on a Hilux forum (as Deadly Dave will know) and also lurking on the TVRCC forum as it needs the support due to facebook diverting a lot of traffic away from Club forums.
                    I will try to get back on here a bit more now too.
                    Last edited by GJL; 24-06-2022, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X