Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• markcro
    replied
    Ah I was wondering on the yellow! Hahaha! To be honest I was never one on engine bay dressing, once everything is functional was always my main concern. But since this is so clean I will have to keep it that way. The chassis on these were painted red from the factory, so that is what you see there. Except the chassis was repainted which is the brighter red, and only now that you pointed it out, I see that some of the brackets are in the original factory duller red..... Thanks! Thanks a lot!

Leave a comment:

• Cappo
    replied
    Ah, fair dues, we all say the magic words, TVR, but you actually did it! Well done sir. The GT 6 was a gem, but sometimes you just have to move on, and what a brilliant choice!

Leave a comment:

• -alan-
    replied
    Ah got you on the chain.

Was only half serious about the yellow..

If you were taking it seriously tho' - one of the things that would make a difference is trying to cut down on the number of different colours in play in there. There's a light blue on the hoses, the dark blue body, one colour red on the strut in front of the block, a different shade or two of reds on various other brackets around the bay, and then the two dark metallic red anodised rocker covers. It's only when you start making changes to a car or bike that you realise how difficult it is to do it and leave it looking at least as well as the OEM. When you see it done not so well - it REALLY jumps out at you. Just sayin'*

(*This - from somebody who had to put black gorilla-tape over the little blue Arrow logo on the end-can on the bike because it clashes with the rest of the bodywork, engine and frame mind you )

Leave a comment:

• markcro
    replied
    Originally posted by -alan- View Post

Yeah, agreed. Yellow hoses would work much better - tie everything together.

edit - have to also ask, what's the short length of chain to the bottom right of that engine-bay shot for ??
    Yellow, really?

One of the previous owners fitted that chain as a safety chain as he liked to pop the bonnet after a long run to let hot air out to cool the engine bay down. He would clip that chain to the bonnet in case the wind caught and tried to lift the bonnet.

Leave a comment:

• markcro
    replied
    Originally posted by MX5 Ryan View Post

Kinda like yourself with the GT6 I've had my MGB GT since 2006 (it was my first car too!) so would find it very hard to part with... But for a GT6 I think i could!

Hopefully see the TVR on a run in the near future!
    Stunning MG. I always loved Bs! Not many can say that their first car was an MB B! Very cool! Hats off to you! The MGB versus GT6 debate has been raging for years!

Leave a comment:

• MX5 Ryan
    replied
    Originally posted by markcro View Post

Hahah I never knew that was you in front! Yeah the downpipe gasket failed on the morning. But I said Fuk It! I'm going anyway! The noise in the cabin meant that we had to wear ear protectors and the windows rolled down for the fumes!

I put the GT6 up for sale just as a "test the water" to see if this idea was even a runner. And 4 days later she was sold! :-0
    Kinda like yourself with the GT6 I've had my MGB GT since 2006 (it was my first car too!) so would find it very hard to part with... But for a GT6 I think i could!

Hopefully see the TVR on a run in the near future!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Kaiser
    replied
    200SX and a TVR - living the dream

I'll have to keep a look out around the locale when I'm home! Well done

Leave a comment:

• Bazg2
    replied
    I want to shake your friends’ hand, we should all have more friends like yours. Kudos to both of you

Leave a comment:

• -alan-
    replied
    Originally posted by Deadly Dave View Post

That's a bit tarty with the blue hoses and redbull can. Easy enough to make nice again though.
    Yeah, agreed. Yellow hoses would work much better - tie everything together.

edit - have to also ask, what's the short length of chain to the bottom right of that engine-bay shot for ??
    Last edited by -alan-; 18-04-2022, 05:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• markcro
    replied
    Originally posted by MX5 Ryan View Post
    Raging I missed the GT6 sale It's my dream car. I remember you were behind me on the Norse run in 2018 around Wicklow wearing ear protectors as I think the rear silencer failed on the morning of the run!!

Well wear with the TVR! Looks stunning.

Ryan
    Hahah I never knew that was you in front! Yeah the downpipe gasket failed on the morning. But I said Fuk It! I'm going anyway! The noise in the cabin meant that we had to wear ear protectors and the windows rolled down for the fumes!

I put the GT6 up for sale just as a "test the water" to see if this idea was even a runner. And 4 days later she was sold! :-0
    Last edited by markcro; 18-04-2022, 05:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• markcro
    replied

Have to ask.. what's with the red-bull can ??
    It used to be serviced each year in the UK by X-Works which was set up by ex-TVR employees when it closed. And their signature apparently is to put a Redbull can over the coil.

Yeah I was never a fan of blue silicone piping. I always tried to get black silicone whenever I could for my SX. But I often found that blue/ Yellow/ Red was the only choice. I just wanted black! But blue was the best out of a bad bunch. I will have to look into if black is available for the TVR plumbing.
    Last edited by markcro; 18-04-2022, 05:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MX5 Ryan
    replied
    Raging I missed the GT6 sale It's my dream car. I remember you were behind me on the Norse run in 2018 around Wicklow wearing ear protectors as I think the rear silencer failed on the morning of the run!!

Well wear with the TVR! Looks stunning.

Ryan

Leave a comment:

• charlie
    replied

To give it wings. Have you not seen the ad?

Agree with paying good money for a good example. It pays in the long run.
    Best of luck and looking forward to seeing this some day.

Leave a comment:

• Deadly Dave
    replied
    Originally posted by markcro View Post
    I forgot to post a photo of the business end...

That's a bit tarty with the blue hoses and redbull can. Easy enough to make nice again though.

Leave a comment:

• -alan-
    replied
    The longest way round is often the shortest route to the destination ..Glasshopper In all honesty, I don't think Ive ever regretted paying too much for a better car in the long run.

Leave a comment:

Bottom of thread

Collapse
Working...
X