• Show
Clear All

• 20211205_153113.jpg20211205_153101.jpg
    Sent from my diamond encrusted yacht off the coast of Skull island

Comment

• 20211204_100748.jpg20211204_100833.jpg20211204_104212.jpg

Comment

• Oh that's a little beauty, colour really looks well on it too.

Comment

• Ozy, your pics have just reminded me, there‘s a new series on Quest, Outback car hunters, it’s no car sos, but interesting to see some of the stuff gathering dust, from Alfa to Datsun. The lads travel hundreds of miles for wrecks but still make a couple of quid.
          outback-car-hunters-season-1-1630852210.jpg
          I’m standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused?? 🤨🤪

Comment

• Originally posted by Bazg2 View Post
            Ozy, your pics have just reminded me, there‘s a new series on Quest, Outback car hunters, it’s no car sos, but interesting to see some of the stuff gathering dust, from Alfa to Datsun. The lads travel hundreds of miles for wrecks but still make a couple of quid.
            outback-car-hunters-season-1-1630852210.jpg
            ill keep my eyes peeled for this. The great thing about Oz is how the old cars are preserved in the dry. I've seen some amazing car graveyards throughout NSW, filled with stuff that would have disintegrated long ago if it was in an Irish field. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

• 20211210_072714.jpg20211216_071246.jpg20211215_161620.jpg

Comment

• 20211219_114242.jpg20211219_110333.jpg20211219_110724.jpg20211219_110322.jpg

Comment

• 20211219_160942.jpg20211219_160927.jpg

Comment

• Tr 7 looks good.

Surprisingly

Comment

• Ozy, just looking at the Jag and Triumph and Landie: do you tend to see a greater prevalence of British cars amongst the Aussie classics? Reason I ask is that I observed this in Malta which was of course a Crown Territory until the 1960s. My brothers in-laws are Australian but from a British background (Ten Pound Poms) and he's got quite the Rover collection. I just wonder do the lingering ties between the UK and Australia influence the car scene.
                      1998 Porsche 911 3.4 Carrera 2 (996)
                      2000 Mazda MX-5 1.8 Jasper Conran #68/400
                      2003 BMW 325i E46 Sport Touring

Comment

• Originally posted by Flet View Post
                        Ozy, just looking at the Jag and Triumph and Landie: do you tend to see a greater prevalence of British cars amongst the Aussie classics? Reason I ask is that I observed this in Malta which was of course a Crown Territory until the 1960s. My brothers in-laws are Australian but from a British background (Ten Pound Poms) and he's got quite the Rover collection. I just wonder do the lingering ties between the UK and Australia influence the car scene.
                        I think there are a couple of things happening here. Close trade ties back in the day with mother england would be one, and the other would be just how the weather here preserves cars through their cheap phase. Also, the British set up a few car factorys here to bolt the knock down kits together so for these there would be some "made in Australia" pride associated with them. I don't think it is so much about any modern allegiance to the motherland. The Landie, however, was a staple in the 4wd world through the years (do you know the famous Aussie explorers "the Leyland brothers"?... they were a regular Sunday evening show for my family back in the 80s). I notice the older stuff is British, but you can see the Japanese takeover from the 70s onwards still on the roads. Funnily, the Italian community here is large, and in the Italian neighbourhoods, the prevelance of Alfa/ Fiat and sometimes more exotic Italian stuff is fun to spot.

The Leyland Brothers
                        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leyland_brothers
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmT6Hc9aMRg

Edit: From memory, Australia was also fairly restrictive on allowing foreign built cars in so they could protect Holden/Ford/Valiant and whatever other Australian built British cars. You can still see the effects of this with some badge engineered toyots as Holdens in the 90s, so this all skews things.
                        Last edited by ozy; 21-12-2021, 01:46 AM.

Comment

• Rome on Christmas eve

There's no light, There's only fire!

Comment

• Any exotica among the men of cloth over there Kaiser or it's all purely functional?

Comment

• Blasphemy, they’re poor don’t ye know and always need donations 🤪
                              I’m standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused?? 🤨🤪

Comment

• 20211228_140702.jpg20211228_140711.jpg

Comment

Bottom of thread

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X